What is Venturefest Scotland 2016?
Venturefest Scotland 2016 is a national, multi-sector, business innovation summit connecting ambitious, Scottish SMEs with entrepreneurs, investors and academics to drive economic growth in Scotland through innovation.
Supported by InnovateUK, KTN, EEN and a large network of partners and stakeholders, the event is part of the Venturefest Network, a UK-Government backed initiative aiming to link up innovation hotspots across the country.
By attending Venturefest Scotland 2016, you will:
- Learn from inspiring industry leaders in exciting interactive workshops and keynote addresses
- Have valuable and free one-to-one time with a range of experts
- Build and strengthen your networks with cross-fertilisation of ideas and peer-to-peer learning
- Find advice on how to attract funding and investment from a variety of sources
- Engage with a variety of exhibitors and explore our innovation showcase
This free-to-attend, one-day event includes keynotes from business visionaries; practical, ‘how to’ workshops on a host of business topics including access to finance; an Innovation Showcase presenting some of Scotland’s most innovative companies and their ground-breaking products and services; a dynamic exhibition; facilitated networking and a pitching competition.
This year’s event links thematically to Scottish Government’s Year of Architecture, Innovation and Design and will include design-inspired, training workshops from Google.
Over 600 SME businesses, investors, entrepreneurs and academics – from Scotland, the UK and overseas – attended last year and 750+ are expected for 2016.